Admission Procedure :
College conducts online Admission on stand-alone basis. Online Applications are invited from eligible
candidates through the College Website www.sscollegeofeducation.org for admission to 2-Year B.Ed. course under the
West Bengal University of Teachers Training Education Planning and Administration.
- Candidates should be graduate (10+2+3) in a school subject from a recognized University.
- Candidates should have at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree and/or in the Master's Degree in school
subject. "Master's Degree" courses of two years duration will be considered for scoring.
- For candidates with Honours (in Bachelor degree) in school subject, only the marks obtained in Honours subject will
be considered. In case of Graduation (General), the total marks obtained in the course in all subjects (1st year +
2nd year + 3rd year) will be considered.
- If the candidates having subjects either in Hons. Course or in Master's degree other than the school subjects offered
in the college may apply for B.Ed. course. They must have any one of the schools subjects offered in the college in
their graduation level having 300 marks and they will be treated as B.A./B.Sc.(General) category. They will not enter
their Hons./Master's degree at Step 3 for Qualification Details during Online Application.
- B.E. / B.Tech candidates may also apply, but they must have at least 55% marks with specialization in Science and
- The reservation in seats and relaxation of qualifying marks in favour of the reserved categories shall be as per West
Bengal Government rules.
Total Seats :
Total number of seats 100 (Deputed candidates 50 and Fresher candidates 50).
Application Procedure :
Candidates should apply for 2-Year B.Ed. course only online through the college website
http://www.sscollegeofeducation.org Aspirant candidates are advised to
follow "How to Apply" instructions very carefully before filling in online application form. One set of photocopies of all
credentials along with the original documents to be submitted to the college on the day of counselling.
School Subjects Offered in the College :
Bengali, English, Physical Science, Life Science, Mathematics, History, Geography, and Education.
Resumption of the Session :
The session starts on 1st July of every year.